Advertising online has gotten a lot more sophisticated in the past few years. More companies are looking to find their niche in an increasingly competitive online advertising space. One of the best ways to stay competitive is through retargeted ads.
That is why 80% of marketers currently run retargeted ads. If you want to continue getting an advantage you need to examine how using the retargeting fundamentals can help your business capture many of the lost advertising opportunities a traditional campaign might miss the first marketing your business.
What is the value of retargeted ads?
Did you know that 92% of website visitors do not purchase the first time they visit your website? Most are not at the point in the buying cycle where they are ready to decide. Therefore, it is important to stay in touch with visitors until they are ready to move forward.
Converting prospects to customers requires the ability to build trust. Research shows that you generally need 6-18 touches before a prospect is ready to convert. Without this time, customers often fell rushed or pushed into a decision they are not ready to make.
5 Ways to Improve your Retargeting Fundamentals
- Add website code- The first fundamental to retargeting is that you need to track visitors when they come to your website. The two biggest services you want to install on your website are the Google AdWords and Facebook Pixel code.
Between Google and Facebook the vast majority of the worlds users can be track through these services. If 92% of users leave your website without taking any action the first time they visit you this is the best way to ensure you capture those users.
Fortunately, it is easy to copy and paste their code into your website. If don’t know how to do this, feel free to contact us at Shout for help.
- Provide great content- If you want people to stay involved in your services then you need to continually provide them with reasons to purchase from you. 68% of consumers want to read content about a business before they make a purchase.
That is why 84% of B2B marketers use content creation to improve their brand awareness.
However, you need to create about 7-12 touches before a prospect is ready to purchase. That is why you should use retargeted marketing along with content marketing to bring prospects back to your website.
Your content gives them more reasons why they should use your services. Customers get the chance to learn from you and build a relationship with you before they purchase your services.
- Improve your scores- Google has quality scores and Facebook has relevance scores, so if you want to improve these scores you need to have a captive audience.
When you continually engage with your audience using dynamic content you can improve your scores, keep down your PPC costs, and therefore improve your conversion rate. That is the power of improving your relevance and quality score.
They are scores that track how your ads relate to your audience. The more the ads relate to your audience, the cheaper the costs to you.
- Keep it simple– When you get a visitor back to your website you should not distract them. Instead, you need to make the decision easier, so visitors can stay on your site and convert into customers.
There are two ways to do this. First, you can use a landing page where people are focused on one action. The second thing is to do a compare and contrast of different services or options to help customers make a decision.
- Limit the frequency- Another key component to retargeting is you don’t overdo it. If you show the ad too often to the same people they will tire of your message. It is great to re-connect with the same people, but you must do that within limits.
Otherwise, you will negate the benefits of retargeted ads. Therefore, limit the frequency of your retargeted ads to 17-20 times per month.
Coming up with the correct retargeted ad strategy requires the right mix of ads, targeting, and message. That is why you need to consider how people come to your products through these ads.
If you need help created the right retargeted ads for your business, let us help you at Shout. Contact our experts for a free consultation where we can discuss the retargeting fundamentals that work best for your business.