You just finished your blog post. Then you have the big question every blogger asks at this point. What do I do next? How can your prospects and referral partners benefit from the valuable information you created?
To accomplish your goals, you need to have a plan to increase social shares to your articles, videos, and other social media content. That way, you can get enough targeted traffic to your blog, video, white paper, etc. to bring prospective customers into your lead generation funnel.
Below we share with you some of the best ways to increase your social shares for your business.
5 Ways to Increase Social Shares
- Trending Topics- Do not fight the trends in your business. While it often seems easier to stick with what you currently know, the truth is your business always changes.
Talking about the trending topics in your business not only helps you increase your social shares, but also understand how you should pivot in your business.
For example, the recent Pokémon craze is something most digital marketers do not pay attention to in great detail. However, this game is at the cusp of a new trend in augmented reality games.
Our post on this topic, helps us keep up with the changes in our industry, and hopefully deserves some social shares for putting our unique thoughts about the new games implications.
- Make it Easy- How hard is it to find the like button on Facebook? The answer should be that it is so easy a monkey could do it. That is how easy it should be to find the share button on your website.
It is not acceptable for visitors to tell you they could not find your share button. Put your share buttons listed front and center. In fact, having it listed a few times can help you increase shares. Do not overdo it, but having it listed more than once is okay as well.
Fortunately, for those using content management systems like WordPress to run their website it is easier than ever to create social share buttons.
WordPress, for example, has a wide variety of social sharing button plugins that can do the best content sharing to more specific shares.
Another option is to embed posts from Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter to share them from your website.
- Visuals- Most people are better at visual learning than audio learning. This means the more your network can see what you are talking about, the more they can appreciate your information.
Use high quality royalty free images that can convey the message to your audience about your topic. Remember that copying and pasting images from Google Images can get you sued if you copy the wrong image.
Furthermore, use image design sites like Canva or Pixlr to help you design your image to your specific needs. These easy to use services are great for businesses who do not have the resources to hire a graphic designer.
- Relevant Headlines– Make sure the headlines you use are relevant to your audience. Can you provide a relevant context for why you are writing the content, and how it can help you audience?
The most valuable business articles do one of two things: educate or entertain readers. How does your headline fit into that context?
This is the first impression your network sees of your post. Make sure it is clear and compelling.
- Determine the best social networks- Not all social networks are created equally for your needs. By understanding the demographics behind your target market, you can determine which social networks provide you with the most social shares.
Whether you are working with a younger audience on Instagram and Snapchat or professional network on LinkedIn, determine the best social network for your needs to optimize your social shares on that specific platform(s).
By creating SMART goals you can easily see the best social networks for your business.
Once you know what works on one, you can always expand later to see if it works on a second, third, fourth, etc. social network.
Social media can be a powerful tool to help you increase the reach of your content online. However, you need to have a solid strategy in place to increase the number of social shares to use this channel effectively as part of your digital marketing strategy.
If you need help increasing the number of social shares you receive for your content, then give us a Shout to set up a Free, initial consultation with one of our social media experts.