How to Grow a New Business with No Foundation
You’re probably aware that starting a successful business takes a lot more than having passion
You’re probably aware that starting a successful business takes a lot more than having passion, a great product or service to offer, and a well-designed website.
However, are you aware that 8 out of 10 business owners who start businesses fail within the first 18 months? The good news is that you have a chance to crush the odds.
Three Digital Marketing Strategies to Grow a Business with No Foundation
Is SEO necessary? The answer is yes. It is essential, especially if your business doesn’t have a firm foundation. If your goals are to build brand awareness, build traffic and establish your website as an authority site–it’s vital. Here are the five most important things to consider about SEO.
- Fix your website. There is no point in investing in online marketing services if your site breaks. One of the biggest mistakes people make is investing in SEO when their website has significant errors, fix your website first! Your website’s functionality should be seamless. A site should work well whether a visitor is searching between an iPhone/Android, tablet or a PC.
- Make sure your web copy is Google-friendly. Your web content is one of the most critical contributors to help your website rank. It’s crucial that your web copy engage readers and provides valuable (relevant) information that interest the reader. You only have a few seconds to capture people’s attention. Otherwise, they will abandon your website and go elsewhere. So, don’t start your SEO efforts until you fine-tune your content strategy.
- Add one primary and secondary keywords. Every page of your website should target one primary search keyword and a few secondary keywords.
- Avoid over-optimising. Do not optimise a page with too many keywords. If you want to optimise for several keywords, you’re better off creating multiple (relevant) pages.
- Choose a good SEO company. Conduct thorough research before choosing anyone to perform SEO on your site. Only select someone who has produced excellent results on other websites. Also, it doesn’t hurt to ask for verifiable references.
2. SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
When you combine a website that offers a quality product/service with SEM, it can pay off nicely. Do not compare SEM to SEO – they are two different services. SEM focuses on paid search, such as PPC ads (pay per click).
There are three primary reasons why a startup should invest in SEM – you get to advertise with an audience that’s already interested in your product/service, and you can increase targeted leads. Paid search is also considered one of the fastest ways to get in the top results of Google and other search engines.
A new business should aim to get on the first page of Google because people usually do not go beyond the first couple of pages in the search results. SEM can get you traffic almost instantly. This form of online marketing is perfect for new websites with very little online exposure.
3. Social Media Strategies
Incorporating social media marketing will help you generate interest in your business, and it will help you reach a wider audience. Social media marketing is a cost-efficient way to market your business. You can rank better through social media if you create highly targeted content that integrates your website’s keywords.
Although social media doesn’t boost search engine rankings, it does help. About 58% of Internet marketers who have used social media for a year or more have noticed an improvement in their search engine rankings, according to Social Media Examiner.
Every new business should consider paid social media advertising. Just make sure you start off with a modest budget. Once you discover measurable results, you should re-invest your budget. When you execute social media properly, you should notice an increase in your conversion rates. Your efforts will eventually pay off, and you will get a return on investment.
Make sure you are using video and live-streaming to your advantage. Your real-time content should be relevant and compelling for your audience. Videos and live-stream posts still get the highest rankings. Online video drives better engagement as a whole. By 2019, 80% of all Internet traffic will be video, according to Social Media Today.
Lastly, startups that include SEO, SEM and Social Media in their marketing strategy are more likely to grow their business and succeed in the competitive marketplace.
Growing your business is tough when you start from scratch. However, if you follow the ideas in this article you can improve your chances of growing your business faster.
If you still have questions about how to do that, contact us today for a free consultation. The team at Shout is ready to help!