The Latest AdWords Features
Google AdWords constantly changes the features on their ad platform.
Google Ads (previously known as AdWords) constantly changes the features on their ad platform. Some of the biggest changes happening on the platform right now include time-sensitive ads, countdown ads, and messaging ads.
We want to help you keep up with these Ads features to ensure you choose the best ads campaigns for your business.
5 new Google Ads features
- Countdown Ads: Urgency is a strong psychological indicator. That is why you see a lot of sales that last for specific periods of time. It plays on the fear of loss. The idea that you might lose out on something if you do not act now has been used in sales since the dawn of marketing.
The great thing about the new sales countdown ads for Google Ads is that this digital marketing strategy can now be used on Google.
As you can see from the image below, you can add a sales end date that counts down to the end of the sale. Getting 50% off an LCD TV does not happen every day. Therefore, if you know that you need to purchase in 4 hours or the ad goes away, you will act on the opportunity to save money.
This type of ad works even better with remarketing ads. That is because a remarketed ad can help you increase your conversion rate by connecting your ads with an audience already used to your business.
- Gmail ads: One of the biggest consequences of Google Ads is the oversaturation of ads on searches. Because of this, Google needed to find a new place to place ads. Gmail is an ideal location. The email service is free and now has over 1 billion active users every month.
However, if you want to garner traffic from Gmail ads, you need to do it strategically. Google Ads helps by segmenting users in various ways:
- Domain and keyword matching to improve the intended target and your ability to connect with potential customers.
- Re-engaging your email list through retargeted ads and customer matching.
- Using a similar audience tool in Gmail messaging ads to reach prospects like your customers. According to Google, this tool can help you double your reach to highly qualified users.
- Demographic targeting: Just like the location and remarketing options available to target your ads, you can also use demographic targeting. This targeting allows you to check the age and gender of the users performing searchers.
For example, if you have a business that caters to women, you can direct your content towards women. Previously, your content would have to be more generic due to a lack of targeting.
This works great for age-specific products as well. If you have a product for kids, you can produce content that works for specific age ranges. That way, you do not send content designed for teenagers to elementary school students.
Image Source: Vertical Measures
- Google Shopping Ads: The next new ad is the Google Shopping Ad, added last year. These ads are for retailers who want to bring in sales directly from Google.
Because so many shoppers use Google to find a product, it makes sense that Google Shopping Ads can be paired with Google search. That is why they have become so popular on Google over the past year.
In fact, Google Shopping ads grew 52% from 2015 to 2016, because shoppers see the value of the ads and click through to purchase the products.
- Promoted Places: Another great product is the promoted places ad. These ads are great for smartphone users who are looking for deals near their location.
That is because shoppers on the go rely upon Google Maps to find the nearest shops with their preferred goods. Using Promoted Places helps these shoppers complete their task quickly and easily.
As the Google Ads platform continues to evolve, it is vital to understand the direction it is going. That way, you can take advantage of the new like time-sensitive ads, countdown ads, and messaging ads. These new ad formats offer greater returns than traditional ads.
If you are still not sure about the best ways to optimise your ad results on Google, then let us know. Our consultants are here to help you get started. Give us a shout to set up a free session today.