- Live Video: The launch of Facebook Live in 2016 was one of the most important events of the year. It was a confirmation of Google Hangouts (now YouTube Live) as the up and coming method of content distribution in social media.
This year, the messaging will become more refined as marketers become accustomed to live video and new software is created to help improve the process.
- Influencer Marketing: Last year, one of the most common phrases tossed around was influencer marketing. As the cost of ads on social media grows and organic reach decreases, marketers have looked to other means to reach their target market.
One of the most effective methods for doing this is to leverage those who already have a dialogue with your target audience.
Connecting with influencers on specific platforms will become a huge component of any business’ success strategy. That is because the ideas behind influencer marketing are as old as the idea of marketing.
Get someone else to say your product is great and why, so you do not have to tell everyone yourself. By leveraging the power of those who have a voice, you give rise to your own voice.
- Bots: As marketing becomes more intelligent, companies are looking to use bots on social media to connect with their audience at times when they are not available to speak.
Expect to see more bots on Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Skype. They are all platforms that have extensive API structures for bots to hook into, as well as dedicated messaging platforms to make it useful.
Furthermore, bots can help turn social media marketing into social media leads. That is because those who interact with a bot want specific information about how to grow their business.
- Customized Audiences: All social networks have something very powerful backing them. They have years of demographic and social data from millions of users.
As marketers continue to increase their targeting, the massive amount of data social networks have collected will be invaluable. It is not enough anymore to rely on growing your audience to an obscene number like some celebrities and Fortune 500 companies have done.
Now companies must rely upon targeting to overcome a more crowded social arena that does not build up your business simply because it is larger.
One of the best sources is Facebook’s Power Editor. It allows you to merge your website marketing with your Facebook marketing. With the power of retargeting ads, you can ensure your ads are super targeted to prospects who are most likely to purchase your products.
For example, if you have a website that generates significant search traffic, you can now recapture the traffic with customized audiences. That is great news considering that the majority of all website visitors do not make a purchase or sign up for your list on their first visit.
Utilize a tracking code from Facebook or Google to then track your searchers across the internet with ads enticing them to learn more about your products and eventually complete the purchases of your goods.
By using this strategy, you can ensure you lose fewer target customers and get a better return on investment for your business.
- VR: With the new Oculus Rift gear coming out as well as Google Cardboard and other VR devices, virtual reality will become a more popular form of social media engagement.
This is the year where it all comes together as the technology is catching up with greater consumer demand.
Furthermore, the Pokémon GO craze might have died down since last year, but the game left a lasting impression on consumers to integrate their social lives and real lives through mobile devices.
Nothing is more engaging for consumers than literally being surrounded with 360 degrees of connections, stories, videos, and interactive content.
Social media in 2017 is not about just growing a larger audience. We have seen repeatedly in the past that this does not work. Instead, social trends in 2017 indicate that this is a year when targeting matters.
Furthermore, as technology increases, we will continue to test out new strategies such as live video, virtual reality, marketing bots, and more. The key is to focus in on the best options for your business.
If you are still not sure of the best social strategy for 2017, feel free to contact us for more information. Our team of experts is ready to help you decode the social marketing trends for 2017.